Thursday 22 March 2012

Writing Rules #1, Baby

First of all, let me start by saying this is the best fucking blog layout ever. Awesome Inc? Yeah, I love it. Dark colors? The best. It is, of course, beautifully juxtaposed by the fact that I am the White Jester, so it's like... black and white, yin-yang motif. It's brilliant, and I'm fucking clever for coming up with it. I took a blog layout that I fucking see everywhere and made it artsy.

Second of all, "House of the Harlequin?" Best name ever, am I right? How many blogs out there have "house" somewhere in their title? Not that many, man! And how many use some symbolic reference to an old work, like.. a minotaur or some old God? PLENTY! So I decided to, like, use this anachronism and refer to both OH GOD THE RAPTURE IS BURNING's Harlequin and also to the Harlequin archetype of old Italian commedia dell'arte. See, I'm fucking genius at this. Writing is easy as hell, just come up with stuff and make them related somehow.

Third of all, the blog description. The pretentious quotes? Yeah, I don't even need to say anything about those. That's the next rule of writing: Don't lampshade everything you do.

Yeah, I've decided I'm gonna do that. I'm gonna teach you guys how to write. 'Cause God knows you need lessons.

1 comment:

  1. Does House of Leaves count? Because, well, a lot of people reference it. I mean, it's a good book, man. It's good. And it has a Minotaur in it, too.

    ReplyDelete